The Amherst Program in Critical Theory invites applications for its 2017 Fellows Program. The Fellows Program offers students the opportunity to engage with a community of scholars focused on the revival of critical theory today. Students who are accepted into the Program and who participate in coursework, workshops, and colloquia will be designated as Critical Theory Fellows. Students are required to enroll in the designated Critical Theory Seminar offered each fall semester for two consecutive years and petition two additional courses of the student’s choice (in consultation with the program directors) that address the concerns of critical theory.
• Normally applicants are graduate and undergraduate students enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Amherst or undergraduates enrolled at Amherst College.
• Fellows must enroll in two designated seminars and successfully petition the two additional courses over a two-year period. The designated Fall 2017 Critical Theory Seminar is POLSCI 791L, “Latin American Political Thought,” at UMass Amherst.
• Fellows must participate in program workshops, conferences, and related events.
• Academic Writing Sample (maximum 25 double-spaced pages on a topic related to critical theory).
• Statement of Purpose (1-2 double-spaced pages outlining your research objectives and plans, your strengths and weaknesses in your chosen field, and particular reasons you may have for applying to the Program).
• Unofficial Transcript (if available).
• One Letter of Recommendation (to be sent directly by the author) to ude.t1516578799srehm1516578799a@yro1516578799ehtla1516578799citir1516578799c1516578799.
Deadline and Submission
All materials must be sent to ude.1516578799tsreh1516578799ma@yr1516578799oehtl1516578799aciti1516578799rc1516578799 by April 22, 2017.